I will not try and sugarcoat the fact that when I found out I was pregnant the first time I was scared out of my mind. Was I excited ? Absolutely. Had we been trying? Ya! But only just a couple times!! My first thought was, “Wow this happened awfully quick, I’m sure this pregnancy is going to be a nightmare.
Now let me give you a little background, I have never been a, “baby person”. I’ve never even really held a baby. I’ve taken them from someone with the intent to hold but very quickly gave the precious bundle back assuming that I would cause the child severe pain and mental anxiety simply because they would feel it through me, you know how like a horse can sense that your scared when you get on and they buck you off? Ya, well that was me and babies. I was sure they could sense I had no idea what in the hell I was doing and then they would start screaming bloody murder.
The first child I ever held was my own and we’re like best friends now. The second one, from what I can tell thinks I’m cooler than the first one ever has.
Here I will chronicle my experiences through pregnancy and motherhood and hope that you will be slightly amused, extremely motivated, somewhat inspired but chances are most of you will hate me. It’s the chance I’m willing to take by sharing my life with you here. I set out to prove that pregnancy could be and would be different for me and it was. And motherhood has been like AWESOME!
If there has been one thing I’ve learned, it’s that I will never tell a new mom what pregnancy or motherhood will be like. I will not give an expectation, tell them how they should feel, or use the words, “JUST WAIT” because to be honest, I waited for several things to happen that people told me to “just wait” for. Women love to talk about pregnancy and babies but no one can tell you exactly what YOUR pregnancy will be like or how your child (or you) will be as (you) and they grow. They can give you ideas and tell you what they went through but too many times it is assumed that yours will be like theirs and that is simply not the case.
So, I hope you enjoy…and seriously try not to hate me 🙂
- Announcement Time! JuneBug’s ETA is 3-1-14
- 12 Weeks Pregnant
- Pregnancy Progress-2nd Trimester
- Pregnancy Progress- Weeks 27-32
- My Take on Pregnancy- You Don’t Have to Agree
- My 1st Week of Motherhood
- Surviving Pregnancy & The Road Ahead
- An Open Apology to all Moms
- A Fashionable Diaper Bag that’s Helping a Community
- Laying in Dark Rooms with Babies
- I had a baby 6 months ago, MIND BLOWN!!
- My Journey After Pregnancy–Dealing with Diastasis Recti
- If I Fall Off the Face of the Planet Tomorrow
- I Never had a Plan B
- The 15 Things I Learned During my Son’s First Year
- I Used my Kitchen, Holy Shit
- Healthy Weightloss While Breastfeeding
- The Moment of Impact
- My Tiny Terrorist
- Sleep Training Your Baby
- My Last Mother’s Day with Just You
- Three Becomes Four
- How my “Busy’ Has Changed
- I’m not Scared of Being a Mom Anymore
- What I Saw Before me Was a Nightmare, this Couldn’t be Real
- A Shopvac, Exhaust Pipe, and a Toddler